Sunday 29 July 2012

Olympics start, term ends

Sunday, second day of Olympics. That's what it's all about right now. Three tv-channels of it, so I keep on switching. Nobody else here joins me so I get to choose exactly what to watch. Though I do miss my Swedish commentators and tv-warmups. What is so nice is that I now cheer along Sweden, Zimbabwe and South Africa. Lots of athletes and lots of competitions looove it. Yesterday I snoozed at the tv from half past six in the evening listening to the commentary of the womens' fencing and then woke up a bit more for the swimming.

Perfect end to a day of driving around the academy band and instruments, since we played at Jill's 80th birthday party for a few hours. I have never ever before improvised on the violin so much and for so long. Sometimes I sort of startled myself with "Wow, I'm not concentrating and it still works!!". The band this time was made up of a keyboard, base and the drums plus me. The party was a cheese, dip and sip so an amaaaazing buffet of cheeses, dips, crisps and snacks. Such nice cheeses as well, I really love special cheese.

Friday also had nice touches to it; visited the new bakery while it was being set up, got an extended visa (YEY!!!), some last lessons before the school holidays start, trying out a new violin for a student, watching True Blood with Heather while solving the world's problems and then a night out with great people. I can feel the term is coming to an end, which will be nice, but I will miss my gorgeous Girls' College girls.

Now I can feel my back getting into pain mode again, an all too common occurence theese days, so I better get on my feet and move around.

Happy Olympics-Watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment