Wednesday 25 July 2012

Student concert ahead

This week has started of very well. On Monday Heather and I planned just about the whole trip we're going to do when Linda comes here (3 weeks and 2 days left). Great fun! We're doing Vic Falls, Hwange, Chipangali, Antelope Park, Harare, Chinoiy caves, Nyanga, Matopos and maybe Manama later on with Maria. Hopefully both Heather and John will be able to come with us around the country. Then Heather and I had another coffe (!!) and I had work, sort of not that much to do. And in the evening we ate chinese take away stuff. Yummy!

Yesterday I did two hours of filing for Maria. Brain dead work, but thought I should help a bit now in the hecticness of moving from their factory on the outskirts of town to the take away place they started leasing a few days ago. There is a lot of moving stuff about and Maria has moved her office home, so she is home most of the time nowadays. After the filing we did a bit more planning before I rushed off to have three lessons.

I am getting a bit nervous now, because on Monday we have our end of term student concert and I'm going to have nearly all of my students in it, playing Engelska från Småland. Nobody has really heard my students play yet, since I didn't have any of them in the last concert, so I really hope they will think my teaching is ok. This evening we are having a little group session so that they will have played once together before the concert anyway. Iiiih, such fun!

I spent Sunday night at Manie and Jeanette on the farm and guess what I saw when I went for a walk? Kudus! They were a bit suspicious of me, but jumped over the fence maybe hundred meters ahead of me. And then in the evening they ate just outside the garden fence. Lovely. And I saw Mongooeses (spelling?!) and Impala. Good times!

Now my lunch should be done, better eat fast so I'm not late for my first lesson today. Byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment