Thursday 5 July 2012

Happy Birthday Ella!!

Phew, I am tired. Jeanette's daughter Talita had her 22nd birthday yesterday and we went out to celebrate her, so I got home rather late. This morning then wasn't the best. First of all zesa had gone, so no internet to see if my present to Ella had arrived, no toast and worst of all no hot water in the baths, only a slow drizzle in the shower... AND to top it off I had aready eaten up my weeks worth of yoghurt. Not to mention banging my head into the bathtub while having a blonde moment (stupidly thinking I would whip my wet hair into the bathtub...). So all in all not the best of mornings, but it got better when Jeanette and Talita picked me up and we on the way to GC stopped off at a bookshop. Haven't been into one in six months! Though at home I have found some of the Harry Potter books, so I do have some mindnumbing stuff.

But none of my problems really matter today, because today is Ella's 18th birthday!!! I so wish I could be there. It sounds like it's going to be a good party with lots of friends and family. One of the first things I realised with horror when I thought of coming here was that I'd miss her birthday, not a happy thought. But time is sort of unstoppable and I will have many more of her birthdays to celebrate. So anyway, today my thoughts will go repeatedly to my little-sister. Love you lots and Happy Birthday Ella!!

Just have to tell you as well how friendly people are here, so nice. On Wednesday's morning walk I met an elderly/older man who also was a walker and we started talking and said we should maybe keep each other company sometime for a walk in Hillsaide Dams, where I can't walk alone for safety reasons. Though he did mention that the day before he had walked 30 km, so I was slightly intimidated. But just meeting somebody on the road and chatting like that; it doesn't happen the same way in Sweden. I like it.

So, now I am supposed to meet to guys who might want me to play at a fashion show, fun!
Tjingeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment