Thursday 14 June 2012

Skiing times are on their way

I have now asked dad to register me for the 2013 90 km cross country ski race Öppet Spår. Yep yep. (Pepp!)

This means that I will have to say goodbye to the somewhat laid-back lifestyle that I have accuired since April. Watching a lot of tv, lying in bed forever and sitting down too much. So, on Sunday I made a plan for fitness and snared in Maria into it. She now has to ask every evening if I did my morning walk. If I didn't she won't buy me yoghurt when she goes shopping on Saturdays. I started on Monday with quite a short walk, but for every second week I will add another block to the walk and in a few months it will be very long and I will have to run at least parts of it to be able to get around before work starts. We just have to hope that my shins will be fine with this.

I have always had a trouble with motivation when it comes to these kind of things and wondered what would actually be needed for me to to it. It seems like I have found the one way to make me get out of my warm bed before eight o' clock, put on my shoes and get out of the house without giving up half way and going back to bed again; the fear of missing out on one kg of yoghurt (which has to last as long as possible since I only get one a week). And it works because Maria does the shopping and will not buy it if I haven't done my walking.

I must say though, it took me more than one hour of snoozing on Wednesday before I realised the danger I was putting myself in by not getting up (one week of yoghurtlessness). But of course I do love it once I've gotten outside the gate. Seeing the dust swirl in the morningish sun and feeling my pulse quicken. Sometimes it actually feels like a Swedish spring day, the sort of cold weather, but warm sun. Gorgeous.

Right, time for orchestra, so I better start unfolding the music stands. How hard can it be to unfold a music stand correctly when we've even had a short lesson about how to do it?!? Haha, anyway. Bye for now!

Ps. Happy Birthday Mum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment