Tuesday 19 June 2012

Chocolate on wheels

Sitting in bed, ready to sleep after having watched the movie Chocolat and eaten a few squares of Cadbury's chocolate mousse bar. Heaven. The chocolate I got from Jeanette today, when she came back from South-Africa. I had earned it by being her today; taking all her classes in the morning and then all her piano lessons in the afternoon. The piano lessons were such fun, I think I might change and become a piano teacher instead! The kids were gorgeous and it was so much easier than teaching violin. Ten times easier, even though I'm only on book two and all the kids I had today were ahead of me. Don't get me wrong; I love teaching the violin as well, but then I need to help so much more, since they're nearly all beginners and some can hardly hold the bow. And today was just different, a fun break.

Tonight I also gave back Jeanette her car. She lent it to me on Friday, since they were going down south and it would help me. Typically on Sunday they then dug up our driveway because of a water leak and I couldn't use it anyway... But I did use it today and I loved it. Last Thursday was the first time I drove in nearly ten weeks. Weird not to have driven for so long. The only thing I noticed after such a long time off the road was that I drove too much on the left side again, just like when I started driving on the left side when I came here. I sort of drift over to the left very easily. But after only one or two turns in the car I'm fine again.

I'm hoping to find a car I can rent from someone I know, because I am going mad having to ask people for lifts all the time and being dependent on them. I want to be able to move around the place not burdening anyone else. But we'll see how it goes, you never know how things will turn out here. Until then I have my taxi Jeanette, who I pay with Sibelius helping and things I bake.

But now my eyelids are drooping too much. I will post this in the morning when I get internet. So in that case: Good Morning to you all, have a nice tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment