Friday 8 June 2012

Fruit salad


Friday and I am soon going home, having been at Girls’ College all day. If I’m not whisked off by Jeanette to a music department thingy at Petra High School where GC’s Marimba band is playing. It is quite probable that I might be. 

This week has past in a flash. I nowadays have the mornings completely free, all to myself, which for me is heaven. Anybody who has seen me in the really early hours of the day knows that at that stage I am not to be talked to, hardly even looked at. It is so nice not being tired all day because I got up too early for my body and brain. I get home late instead, which is fine with me, because then the evenings become relaxing. Ever since the festival finished I have just taken it easy at home. Recuperating. I found Harry Potter books (all except number 6 and 7), which is very relaxing reading. Add first one movie and then two oranges from the garden and you have a summary of my evening after dinner.

We have so many oranges now Joe keeps on nagging me to eat more and more. I am certainly not complaining. And they have even more trees at work, so Maria has planned on making lemon curd and marmalade tomorrow. I’ll probably end up helping her, if I don’t go to the bendover with Thembi, our office lady. Plus I noticed a basket of grenadillas/passionfruits on the kitchen table the other day, so add that to my fruit eating mission and I’m quite happy. Yesterday Maria and I were out in the garden picking garlic chives (gräslök med vitlökssmak) for our home made cream cheese and she pointed to the paw-paw tree in the garden, which was full of big, and still growing, paw-paws. I can’t wait for them to get ripe. Mmmm…

Right, time to go. I am apparently/obviously coming with to this music department thingy, so better get going.  

I hope you’re all well and have a lovely weekend!
Hugs from the south

No comments:

Post a Comment