Friday 30 March 2012

Holiday around the corner

Since last time things have definitely got better. Thanks to gran I got a new simcard with the same number as before and I borrowed a phone from Adri and I got my pay today and I am more at peace with the planning for the touristing with Peter and I spent Wednesday night with friends and I have learnt to play Gran Turismo 5 (best part of the week (Ella you have to play it sometime!)) and I got lots and lots of hugs today at the school we went to and it's the weekend and holidays! I am much happier now.

The week has been extremely busy and today it rained cats and dogs in the morning. Since then there has been drizzles and thunder, but nothing like when I was driving to work. It was so heavy that I sometimes couldn't see despite having wind screen wipers on max. This resulted in more pothole-hits than usual, poor little car. The roads here are a bit like swiss cheese. The joke is that you can see if a driver is drunk if he is driving in a straight line...

Anyway, so tomorrow Peter arrives!! Can't wait. On the morning I'm going to a shopping area where we are going to some busking, playing and hoping people give us some money. Going to be lots of people from the academy for a few hours, so I'll be stinking hot by noon. Hoping to go to the bendover in the afternoon and then in the evening I'm playing for a few minutes at a concert-like thing. At around eight I'll be picking Peter up! Probably leaving Bulawayo Sunday morning and heading out to Victoria Falls, where I've got my sights set on bungy jumping and white water rafting, before we head over to Hwange National Park and then back home. Matopos will be visited and maybe maybe even Great Zimbabwe. We'll see how things go. We will be borrowing a tent from Adri's sister, so we don't have to pay too much for lodging.

Right, now I want to go home (and maybe do a lap or too with the Zonda R on the high speed circuit). It's been a long week. So if you don't hear from me before Easter; Happy Easter, have a lovely (next) weekend and enjoy spring! Photos should be rolling up on tumblr while I'm away and then when we get back I'll bombard you with tourist photos!!

Lots of love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment