Wednesday 8 February 2012

Bendover boutique

On Sunday Maria and I went to the bendover. An amazing place. It is were a lot of second hand clothes from Europe and America are sold in big heaps on a street in the center of town. To find what you want you have to bend over and dig in the heaps. Hence the name. It s dirt cheap, at some heaps you can get the t-shirts for one dollar. !!! But then they are very used and were modern 20 years ago, or more. But you can find treasures among the rubbish. I found: 1 sleeveless top, 3 other tops, 1 pair of shortsythings, 1 nailclipper and 3 bags for, I think, 11 dollars. Yeah!!! I am so going to visit bendover many more times. And now I got my pay for the next two months, so I've got a bit of cash. Just to clarify about the money: you do not pay with card anywhere here. Anywhere. So I have to go to the bank soon.

This morning I saw that Maria and Joe had brought lots of mangoes home from work, so as soon as they start getting ripe I will be having mango time again every day. I have tried a thing for breakfast which I have forgotten the name of, but it is basically fil (swedish) and I will have to scratch that one as a possible breakfast item as well. I think porridge will have to do. On Saturday I bought a kg of yoghurt and in less than 48 hours it was gone. So much money for so little time. Anyway. In the garden we have mangoes, oranges, lemons, plums, cape gooseberries (physalis), grapefruit, figs, avocados and lots of flowers and huge trees. So I should manage without getting scurvy (skörbjugg).

Now I have to go put loads of music into a program called Sibelius, because a man wants them all transposed. This is going to take ages and ages, but it's quite fun, so I don't mind too much.

Si jo lejter äligejter(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment