Tuesday 7 August 2012

Running off!

Having holiday, sort of, is quite nice. I do so little. I spend the whole morning up until lunch time doing my morning routine, just slightly slower than normal. I go for my walk, do my fifteen minutes of strengthening exercises, have my breakfast usually while watching a movie, then a shower or bath, get dressed and it's nearly time to go to work!

The most amazing thing with my walking though is how much stronger my legs and shins are. I have now walked every morning Monday to Friday for two months, extendig the route every second week and in the beginning my shins were so sore. But somehow they have got stronger and I have now started (*drumroll*) to run on the sandy patches!! Today I ran the most, probably about a hundred meters, but before it's been around twenty. I am so happy!! I haven't run for almost two years and now it seems like I might be able to run in a sort of near future. Eish I have missed it.

Yesterday something not so fun happened. My violin broke. Again. The neckboard, which a guy in Harare glued back on like a month ago, went off ... again. So now I have to hunt Harare-goers, so they can take it up there to be fixed. Again. But the evening weighed up with positive stuff like skypeing friends.

Anyway, time for lunch. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment