Thursday 6 September 2012

Matopos, Bulawayo and Vic Falls in a week

Wow, it seems like forever since I wrote here last. Anyhow. Terribly tired now, got back from three nights in Vic Falls this afternoon, but thought I should show signs of life here before the gravity of my pillow gets too strong and pulls me under.

SO, we spent two nights out on the farm last week, then on Friday the brakes on my Sunbeam (aka the yellow Nissan Sunny) packed up way out of town and had to take it to car-hospital for a few days. Problem here: we were going to go to the falls on the Sunday. Instead we went to the bendover market and to Chipengali, the animal centre. I should mention that Friday night was spent on our veranda roof watching the blue moon, with cardgames, a movie and sleep. Monday we jumped on a bus to the falls and spent three nights at a backpacker's lodge called Shoestrings. Linda looooved it. I knew she would. We went white water rafting on Tuesday which we of course loooved (only flipped once though...), chilled in the afternoon (/died of exhaustion), had pizza and chatted. Wednesday we went to Victoria Falls National Park. Well, I went there and spent a few hours with a milkshake while Linda did the Bridge Swing on the bridge. We then trotted around the park, seeing so much more than when Peter and I were there. There was much less water now, so less mist, but then also less water coming over the edge. For late lunch I had a Crocodile Tail Wrap. Way cool. We hurried home to catch the Sunset Cruise on the Zambesi above the falls. Beautiful. Home and shower at last. It was actually really warm in the falls, much warmer than here at home. After a long and good night at the Shoestrings bar we got up at another ungodly hour and headed back to Bulawayo.

That is basically a weeks worth of stuff we've done. I might write more about it later, we'll see. The days are going so fast now, but it feels like Linda has always been here. Part of the furniture. At the moment her bed. I think I will follow her example and head for mine. Night everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment